Scholarship opportunities for the SLA Annual Meeting in San Diego (June 9-11) are starting to trickle in. The SLA conference is a great opportunity for us burgeoning special librarians to connect with colleagues and the hot topics of our field. Good news is that there are many scholarship available to make this opportunity a financially viable one. Below are ones that have come across our inboxes so far. Click on the links for each for the official nomination/application procedures and eligibility. We’ll continue to post these opportunities as they come in, so check back often! And, of course, let us know if you’ve come across ones that haven’t made it up here yet.
- IT Division — Jo Ann Clifton Student Award (Deadline: February 28, 2013) — CLOSED
- Chemistry Division — Student/New Member Travel Award (Deadline: March 1, 2013) — CLOSED
ACS Publications Travel Scholarship (Deadline: March 15, 2013) — CLOSED
- Science-Technology Division — S. Kirk Cabeen Travel Stipend Award (Deadline: March 31, 2013) — CLOSED
- Biomedical and Life Sciences Division Travel Stipend (Deadline: April 19, 2013) Note, the linked Web site still contains information for 2012.
Frost-Gershenfeld SLA Travel Award (Deadline: April 24, 2013)
- Pharmaceutical & Health Technology Division Travel Stipend (Deadline: April 29, 2013)