joining sla and sla-uw:
Although local SLA-UW events are open to all iSchool students, we encourage you to join the main SLA organization. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., the Special Libraries Association represents the interests of over 12,0000 information professionals in more than 80 countries. The association offers a variety of programs and services designed to help its members serve their customers more effectively and succeed in an increasingly challenging global information arena.
As a member of the only global organization for information professionals, you have access to SLA’s valuable and respected products and services designed to enhance your career and benefit your organization. SLA offers a wide array of professional development opportunities, including the industry’s best online education programs, designed to sharpen your professional skills throughout your career.
|Join our email list to get up to date news and announcements on sla-uw chapter events.|
|Join the sla-uw facebook group.|
how to become an SLA member:
benefits of joining SLA:
- A reduced student membership rate of $35 (you can receive this rate for up to 3 years!) makes you a member of SLA-UW, SLA-PNC (Pacific Northwest Chapter), and SLA national, thereby exposing you to local, regional, and national networking opportunities and insight into diverse information professions
- Reduced rates to SLA-PNC as well as national SLA events
- You may also join any one of the 25 discipline-specific divisions at no extra cost
- Also available to members are career tools such asSLA’s Job Search online service, salary survey, and professional competencies.
- Additional networking and information exchange opportunities such as Discussion Lists, Communities of Practice (CoPs), and Member Directory
- And a whole lot more!